click for more images
An extremely rare, short lived Edward VII period 'Royal Garrison Regiment sweetheart brooch'; hollow silver ornamental surround mounted with the 'Royal Arms' with additional 'III' below and title scroll, the reverse bearing Birmingham silver hallmarks for 1904 and with maker's details "F.N" (Frederick Narborough). Very good condition, retaining original pin fittings, no dents or distortions, an excellent example.
Raised by Royal Warrant on the 20th February 1900, as 'Royal Reserve Battalions'. In 1901 redesignated as 'Royal Garrison Regiment' with five battalions. Depot at Portsdown Hill, by 1905 only 1st Battalion in service. 3rd Battalion saw service in Malta, they wore scarlet uniforms with blue facings.
website designed and maintained by Concept500